Gravel Hill Church
Gravel Hill is growing! Praise be to God! The church is in need of some talented people to fill the positions listed below. If you would like to express your interest in one of the positions, please email or fax your resume and a cover letter to Dawn Schaffer, Business Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-838-1449 (fax). If you would like a more detailed description of the positions, please call Dawn at 838-4721, ext.109.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Gravel Hill United Methodist Church is a growing and vibrant congregation in the Hershey, PA area. Our goal is to provide a faith community to learn about Christ through study and worship, live Christ through mission and fellowship, and share Christ with the world. On Sunday mornings we offer contemporary and traditional worship services. Connecting with Christ and community is reflected in all our ministries and programs.
The Part-Time Youth Director will develop a strategy for engaging all middle school and high school students in ministries and programs that support our purpose of building Christian community and cultivate a safe space for youth to grow their faith in Jesus Christ.
The position is 10 hours a week with compensation that is commensurate with experience.
- Preference for experience in student ministry and implementing systems that engage children and families in spiritual formation and discipleship.
- Agree with GHUMC’s vision, goals, and values.
- Have a personal faith in Christ and be committed to Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Be a person in whom the congregation and community can place trust and confidence.
- Develop and lead programs according to the vision and purpose of the youth ministry. Meet weekly with the youth group during the academic year (in addition to bible study below) and throughout the year.
- Coordinate with youth Sunday School Bible Study program.
- Communicate the vision and values of the youth ministry to all volunteers, staff, and student leaders.
- Recruit and regularly train volunteer leaders.
- Build and maintain quality relationships with parents and guardians.
- Involve students in the ministry of the church as a whole, supporting and participating in the church’s vision, worship services, and activities.
- Attend regular meetings with the Pastor and Church Staff and provide regular updates on the status of goals and ongoing needs of youth and their families.
- Provide monthly summaries on the status of youth ministry to Pastor in advance of their monthly meetings.
- Attend Sunday morning worship services.
- Ensure Compliance with GHUMC’s Safe Sanctuary Policies.
- Coordinate missions activities and other conference events throughout the year.
Part-Time Nursery Staff Assistants (2)
Provide consistent care for children in the nursery during Sunday mornings. The position would require time spent in the nursery two consecutive weeks with every third Sunday off. A small time commitment is required of 2 hours per week on Sunday mornings.
Gravel Hill Christian Child Care
Are you looking for meaningful work? Would you like to join a devoted team of teachers? Gravel Hill Christian Child Care currently has part-time and full-time openings for teachers and kitchen help. If you feel that you have a heart for working productively with our youngest disciples in Christ, please call 717-838-3620. EOE. You may send your resume to email@example.com.