Weekly Wink 7.24.19
Special Message: Please do not open any emails from Pastor Doug Smith – just delete them! If you do have a question for him, you are welcome to call the church office at 717-838-4721. We appreciate your understanding!
Youth: RSVP today with Judy for Sunday, July 28: Pool Party 4PM @ Kennedy’s *Please bring a snack to share!
Operation Christmas Child: Prepare your box to turn in this Sunday as we celebrate Christmas in July! How do you do this? Follow the steps below (or see steps online be clicking here):
- SHOEBOX: Get a standard-size shoebox to pack for a boy or girl.
- “WOW” ITEM: Select a quality “wow” toy such as a doll, soccer ball with pump, or stuffed animal.
- OTHER GIFTS: Pack full with other fun toys, hygiene items, and school supplies. List of suggested items & non acceptable items.
- PRAY: Most importantly, pray for the child who will receive your gift. Including a personal note and photo makes a big impact.
- INCLUDE $9 DONATION: A donation of $9 is critical to cover shipping and other project costs. (Donation envelopes are available in Welcome Center.)
- DROP OFF: Bring your shoebox gift to Gravel Hill this Sunday.
Here at Gravel Hill we have several upcoming opportunities for you to get involved. Gravel Hill events include: Fall Feeding Frenzy, Cycle Ride, and Veteran’s Luncheon. Find out more on and sign up on our volunteer page. *Volunteers over 18 years old: Current clearances are required to volunteer for events and are good for 5 years following the original issue date. Contact the church office to make sure yours are up-to-date. To update clearances online visit: Criminal: http://epatch.state.pa.us Child Abuse: www.compass.state.pa.us
You can also represent Gravel Hill as a volunteer at Hershey Giant Center or Stadium events. Learn more about Hershey opportunities on our Hersheypark Volunteer Page.
Did you know? You can shop for gift cards and benefit Gravel Hill at the same time. Purchases support the off-site Ministry Fund. Learn more about Gravel Hill’s Scrip Program by clicking here. You can start shopping now. Create a username and password. Gravel Hill’s Enrollment Code is: 21L936DB32931. Enter this when prompted so your benefits go to Gravel Hill’s account.
If you prefer to place your order for gift cards in person, you may do so on Sunday mornings from 10-10:25 AM and after 11:15 AM at the Welcome Center. Or complete an order form from the Welcome Center and and place it with your check in the provided envelope into Tony’s mailbox next to the elevator. Orders placed on Sunday will be available by Thursday and the following Sunday.
Have questions? Please contact Tony.
Have you seen the Community Aid bin? Gravel Hill has partnered with Community Aid to bring you a convenient place to drop off clothing donations. Please utilize the collection bin at the front corner of the main parking lot. Clothing only please! Absolutely no household items. Thank you!
Interested in providing special summer music? Please contact Joyce to be placed on the schedule. Thank you!
Sunday 8:00, 9:15, & 10:30 AM Worship (Sanctuary) Get the Sunday bulletin (Hill Highlights) via email – sign up here.
- August 6: National Night Out 5 – 8 PM @ Buck Swank Stadium, 50 W. Cherry St. Palmyra PA (Updated)
- August 17: Pool Party & Bonfire 6PM @ Kennedy’s **Welcoming rising 6th graders & families!